Sinecod 200 Ml - Syrup
Sinecod Syrup is a cough suppressant and is commonly used for the symptomatic treatment of cough of various origins in adults and children. Sinecod Syrup contains Butamirate Dihydrogen Citrate as an active ingredient.
Sinecod Syrup works by binding to the cough center in the brain.
Sinecod Cough Syrup is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Symptomatic treatment of cough
- Cough associated with pertussis
- Dry cough
- Cough suppression in pre- and postoperative procedures.
Sinecod syrup uses are versatile.
It is an oxomemazine-based cough suppressant that can be used without prescription to calm dry, irritated cough, especially when it occurs in the evening or at night.
Sinecod cough syrup can be used for kids to treat bronchitis in children aged 4+.
It is suitable for use as a dry cough syrup to treat acute cough of any origin.
Butamirate citrate, the active ingredient in Sinecod syrup, belongs to a new class of cough suppressants that act centrally through the receptors in the brainstem.
Butamirate citrate has avery beneficial effect as it reduces resistance in the airways by inhibiting bronchospasm and has an anti-inflammatory effect, thereby reducing cough.
This active ingredient in Sinecod is what makes it a very effective dry cough syrup.
Butamirate citrate is non-narcotic substance that is not chemically or pharmacologically related to the opioid alkaloids.
Butamirate citrate, which belongs to a group of medicines called antitussives.
• Dry cough of a different origin.
• Cough associated with pertussis.
• Cough suppression during pre and post-operative surgical interventions(bronchoscopy).
How to store:
keep at room temperature.
Points of interest:
Sinecod Syrup may cause drowsiness and dizziness so should be used with caution if you drive or use machines.
How to use:
To be used orally.
For children: aged 4-6 yrs - 5 ml (7.5 mg) three times a day; 7-12 years of age - 10 ml (15 mg) three times a day;
above 12 years of age - 15 ml (22.5 mg) three times a day.
• Itchy skin rash.
• Hypersensitivity to the active substance or any of the excipients.
• This cough medicine should not be used for prolonged periods of time.
• Should avoid taking it at the same time as some other cough medicines called ‘expectorants’.